Thursday 31 July 2014

By the pricking of my thumbs...

Something wicked this way comes.

Don't panic, I'm not about to go all Shakespeare on you all, but I am quoting Macbeth because I'm talking about one of my favourite genres of fiction books - all things witchy.

If there's the word 'witch' in the title, or 'spell' or 'magic' then I'm usually sold - regardless of the cover or blurb!  Sometimes I'm so easily swayed by a book!!!!



The final instalment of the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness has just come my way - and you know what I'm like about completing trilogies, but I'm very excited about starting this and finding out what is going to happen to Diana and Matthew.


I've just got hold of another witch series by Suzanne Palmeri (who has agreed to do an in conversation with piece too).  The first is the Witch of Little Italy and the newest is the Witch of Belladonna Bay which arrived from America last week!




I also really like the Sarah Addison Allen stories.  Garden Spells is a fab magical book, and I'm looking forward to catching up with some of her others shortly as I found them at the library the other day!




One book I must finish is this one:


I've really enjoyed it so far, but because of it's length (over 1000 pages), I stopped to read something else, and haven't started it again.  I must do so - at some point!

So what genre of books go you instantly gravitate towards?

Happy Reading


Miss Chapter x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I review!